Roasted Beet and Pear Balsamic Salad
• 3 beets (medium sized, any variety, try a mix of red and golden beets)
• 1 Tbs. Epicurean Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil (a small drizzle for roasting the beets)
• 1 pear (ripe, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
• 1/4 cup walnuts (toasted)
• 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
• 3 C. of mixed salad greens
• 3/8 cup cooked quinoa (traditional or black)
• 1 to 2 T Epicurean Pumpkin Spice Balsamic Vinegar
• 1/2 T. honey
• Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast the beets by drizzling them with the Epicurean Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt and pepper. Wrap in foil. Depending on the size and freshness of your beets, roast in oven 40 minutes to 1 hour, checking occasionally until they are fork-tender and set aside to cool. When cool, rinse the beets under cool water to slide off the skin. Chop into roughly 1/2 inch cubes and set them aside to cool completely.
Take the already-cooked quinoa and toast it a little, by tossing it in a small hot skillet for a couple of minutes. Toss the quinoa with walnuts and salt, remove from the heat and set aside. Assemble all salad ingredients on a platter.
For the Vinaigrette:
In a small bowl Slowly add Pumpkin Spice Balsamic Vinegar (1-2 T.), whisking constantly. While whisking add 1/2 T. of Honey and salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle prepared vinaigrette over salad, garnish with toasted walnuts and serve immediately.