Kale & Butternut Squash Salad
• 8 tablespoons Epicurean Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 3 tablespoons Epicurean Champagne Aged Balsamic Vinegar
• ½ medium shallot, minced
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 ½ cups 1/2-in cubed butternut squash
• 1 bunch kale, stems removed, cut into ½-inch wide ribbons (about 6 cups)
• ¾ cup whole almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped
• Parmesan (for shaving)
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Whisk 5 tablespoons of Epicurean Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Epicurean Champagne Aged Balsamic Vinegar, shallot, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside. Combine squash and 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Transfer squash to a prepared baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally, until squash is tender and lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
• Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add kale and cook, tossing frequently, until bright green and slightly wilted, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; add 3-4 tablespoons dressing and toss to coat. Transfer kale to a baking sheet and cool slight, about 5 minutes.
• Add reserved squash and almonds to kale; toss well and season with pepper. Divide among bowls; drizzle with more dressing, if desired. Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan over.