Honey Ginger Pickled Beets
2 lbs. small to medium sized beets, scrubbed and trimmed.
1 tbsp. Epicurean Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Epicurean Honey Ginger Aged Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Wash and scrub beets thoroughly.
4. Place the whole beets onto the baking sheet and enclose the beets with another sheet of foil.
5. Roast the beets for approximately an hour, depending on size. If using large beets, it may take up to 2 hours for the beets to roast. Check to see if they’re done by piercing the beet with a paring knife. If it slides into the center of the beet with little resistance, the beets are done.
6. Allow the beets to cool and then slip off the skins. You can also use a paring knife to help peel them.
7. Cut the beets in to 1” wedges, circles, or crinkle cut.
8. Place the beets into a glass jar with a lid and cover with 2 cups of Epicurean Honey Ginger Aged Balsamic Vinegar or enough vinegar to just cover.
9. Refrigerate the beets for 24 hours and enjoy.