Jalapeno Chicken Enchilada
2 Tbs.Epicurean Jalapeno Extra Virgin olive oil
1 medium sized onion - finely chopped
4 chicken breast - cooked and shredded
8 - 10 flour tortillas
1 2 cup bag shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 - 2 jalapenos - deseeded and chopped
salt/pepper to taste
1. Cook and shred chicken - set aside.
2. In a large skillet, saute chopped onion with olive oil.
3. Add shredded chicken and mix well.
4. Place a scoop of chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla, add 2 Tbs. of cheese and roll tight. Place seam down onto a greased 9 x 13.
5. Repeat until baking dish is full of enchiladas.
6. In a small sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in flour to make a roux.
7. Gradually add chicken broth bring to a slight boil. Continue whisking.
8. Turn heat to low and stir in sour cream, chopped jalapeno, cumin and salt/pepper to taste. Stir well and let simmer until sauce thickens.
9. Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
10. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. (about 15 - 20 min)