8 slices, Italian bread (a day or more old is better) - sliced 3/4" thick
• 1 teaspoon, kosher salt
• 2 Roma tomatoes - seeded and finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons, Epicurean Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. You can prepare this over a grill, or under a broiler, but the best way is to use a grill pan. It gives you the most control over the grilling process and produces the most consistent results. Classically, this is prepared by rubbing garlic cloves over the surface and crust of the bread, but using garlic olive oil makes this much easier.
2. Place finely chopped tomatoes in a strainer with a bit of kosher salt. Toss to distribute salt and press down on them to release most of the juice and let them drain.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
4. Place bread slices on heated grill pan, under the broiler, or on top of grill.
5. Drizzle Epicurean Garlic Olive Oil lightly over the bread. Heat will allow the oil to penetrate the bread, which is what you want to happen.
6. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
7. Grill until lightly brown.
8. Flip bread over drizzle more oil and add a bit more salt.
9. Grill until lightly brown on both sides.
10. Remove grilled bread and place on a serving plate.
11. Top with drained tomatoes immediately before serving.