Balsamic and Capers Pork Chops
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
• salt to taste
• 2 large boneless pork chops
• 1 tablespoons Epicurean Onion Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ½ small onion, chopped
• ¼ cup Epicurean Pear Aged Balsamic Vinegar
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 2 teaspoons minced lemon zest, or to taste
• 2 tablespoons capers
1. Place the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a plastic bag. Shake to mix, then add the pork chops, and shake again to coat. Shake off the excess flour.
2. Heat the Epicurean Onion Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the pork chops until golden-brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
3. Add the chopped onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the Epicurean Pear Aged Balsamic Vinegar and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer until the pork chops are no longer pink in the center, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove the pork chops to a serving platter, then stir the lemon zest and capers into the pan. Continue simmering a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.